1)Pradhan Mandri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- PMKVY is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood.
- Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- Under this Scheme, Training and Assessment fees are completely paid by the Government.
2)SANKALP (Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion)
SANKALP is an outcome oriented project supported by World Bank
- Aims to implement the mandate of the National Skill Development Mission (NSDM)
- The project will be implemented in mission mode through World Bank support
- Four objectives: (i) Strengthened institutional mechanisms at National and State levels to guide planning, delivery and monitoring of market relevant training; (ii) Improved Quality and Market Relevance of SD programs; (iii) Improved access to and completion of skills training for female trainees and other disadvantaged groups; and (iv) Expanding skills training through private-public partnerships (PPPs)….
- SANKALP project has two broad components : (1) National and (2) State component.
Takshila: National Portal for trainers
Its being developed as National Portal for Trainers and Assessors, that shall manage the database and life-cycle of trainers and assessors.
The platform would function as the central repository of information concerning skill development of Trainers and Assessors in the country.
The portal shall provide varied information about training programs planned for trainers and assessors, including knowledge resources
3)National Skill Certification and Monetary Reward Scheme, branded as STAR (Standard Training Assessment and Reward)
- scheme launched by the Government in 2013
- Aim : motivate the youth of India to acquire a vocational skills
- 2 components : skill development programmes and envisages a monetary reward
- Target : skilling 500 million by 2022
The raison d’eter for the Scheme is to meet the increasing demand of domestic industry as well as to provide meaningful employment to the unemployed youth. The Scheme aims to mobilize youth to take up Vocational Education as an opportunity for becoming employable; encourage standardization in the certification process and initiate a process of creating a registry of skills; and increase productivity of the existing workforce and align the training and certification to the needs of the country.
- Udaan is a Special Industry Initiative for Jammu & Kashmir in the nature of partnership between the corporates of India and Ministry of Home Affairs and
- Implemented by National Skill Development Corporation.
- The programme aims to provide skills training and enhance the employability of unemployed youth of J&K.
- The Scheme covers graduates, post graduates and three year engineering diploma holders.
- It has two objectives: (i) To provide an exposure to the unemployed graduates to the best of Corporate India.,….(ii) To provide Corporate India, an exposure to the rich talent pool available in the State.
5)Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gramin Kaushal Yojana
“Vision: Transform rural poor youth into an economically independent and globally relevant workforce”
- Implemented by ministry of rural development as part of national livelihood mission
- It will help transform demographic dividend into asset by developing skills and productive capacity of rural youth from poor families
#Features of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana
- Enable Poor and Marginalized to Access Benefits : Demand led skill training at no cost to the rural poor
- Inclusive Program Design : Mandatory coverage of socially disadvantaged groups (SC/ST 50%; Minority 15%; Women 33%)
- Shifting Emphasis from Training to Career Progression : Pioneers in providing incentives for job retention, career progression and foreign placements
- Greater Support for Placed Candidates : Post-placement support, migration support and alumni network
- Proactive Approach to Build Placement Partnerships : Guaranteed Placement for at least 75% trained candidates
- Enhancing the Capacity of Implementation Partners : Nurturing new training service providers and developing their skills
- Regional Focus: Greater emphasis on projects for poor rural youth in Jammu and Kashmir (HIMAYAT),,,The North-East region and 27 Left-Wing Extremist (LWE) districts (ROSHINI)
- Standards-led Delivery : All program activities are subject to Standard Operating Procedures that are not open to interpretation by local inspectors. All inspections are supported by geo-tagged, time stamped videos/photographs.
- Rural Youth:15 – 35 Yrs
- SC/ST/Women/PVTG/PWD: upto 45 Yrs
DDU-GKY follows a 3-tier implementation model. The DDU-GKY National Unit at MoRD functions as the policy-making, technical support and facilitation agency. The DDU-GKY State Missions provide implementation support; and the Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs) implement the programme through skilling and placement projects.
6)Entrepreneurship activities in innovative and cutting edge technology areas will be aligned with initiatives such as Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Self Employment Talent Utilisation (SETU)