- Founder of Islam
- the Prophet Muhammad preached the worship of a single God, Allah.
- Muhammad was an Arab by language and culture and a merchant by profession.
- Around 612, Muhammad declared himself to be the messenger (rasul) of God who had been commanded to preach that Allah alone should be worshiped.
- In a short space of time, Muhammad was able to unite a large part of Arabia under a new faith, community and state .
- Sixth-century Arab culture was largely confined to the Arabian Peninsula and areas of southern Syria and Mesopotamia.
- Its first converts were Arabs.
- The Arabs made Islam a powerful force in the politics of Asia.
- The Persians strengthened Islam.
- The Turks extended both towards East and West.
Muhammad- bin- Qasim
- Sent by Al-hajjaj ,the governor of Iraq to conquer Sind under Caliph Walid .
- He marched against Dahir ,the ruler of Sind .
- In the Battle of Rewar ,he defeated Dahir and captured Sind.
- He also captured Multan and got so much wealth from Multan.
- So he called Multan as “City Of Gold”
- New caliph Sulaiman dismissed Muhammad- bin- Qasim
- Gradually Arabs power declined and lost Sind and Multan.
Effects of Arab Conquest
- Coming of Islam into India.
- Arabs learnt Indian Astronomy ,paintings ,music etc .
We will see the Turkish invasion in next chapter…….