- The Subernarekha basin lies in the States of Jharkhand, Odisha and comparatively smaller part in West Bengal
Boundary of River
Situated in the north-east corner of the Peninsular India, the basin is bounded by the
- Chhotanagpur plateau on the north and the west,
- ridges separating it from Baitarani basin on the south,
- the Bay of Bengal on the south-east
- the Kasai Valley of Kangsabati River on the east.
The Subernarekha and the Burhabalang forms the major river systems in the basin.
Fig : Subernarekha River Map Source WRIS
Source of the river
The Subernarekha River rises near Nagri village in the Ranchi District of Jharkhand .
Its principal tributaries joining from right are the Kanchi, the Karkari and the Kharkai.