1.”Arogya Manthan” Event being organised in NewDelhi .
—>It is a two day National workshop which is organised by National Health Authority.
—>The program is to mark the first year anniversary of Ayushman Bharat .
—>The event is arranged to provide a platform for to meet all important stakeholders of Ayushman Bharat and to discuss it challenges and also to create pathways towards improving the implementation of scheme.
2.Consumer Affairs Ministry Launches New App named “Consumer App” :
About Consumer App
—> A One stop solution for consumer grievance redressal at the palm of every consumer across the nation.
—> To fast track the consumer grievance redressal process .
—> To provide effective forum for consumers to give their valuable suggestions to the Department on consumer related issues.
—> The App is an another bold step towards achieving the objective of Digital India.
—> The App will also provide time bound resolution of all grievances and wi be resolved within 20 days and also elicit a feedback from companies or further enquiries will be resolved within 2 months or 60 days.
—> If the grievances is not resolved,the consumer will be adviced to proceed to consumer forum.
—>If the consumer is not satisfied,then the complaint will be referred to the concerned department.
—>The App also provide very usefull information about 42 sectors including consumer durables ,Electronic products,e commerce, Banking,Insurance etc.
3.Military Nursing Service Celebrates 94th Raising day.
At this event,Nursing officers once agaim rededicates themselves to render high quality ,selfless nursing care to their patients by reading the Florence Nightingale Pledge on the occasion.
About Military Nursing Service (MNS ) :
—> MNS is the only all women corpd in the Armed Forces.
—> It came into being on March 28,1888 with the arrival of First batch of 10 qualified British Nurses in Bombay to organise nursing in Military hospitals in India.
—> In 1893 ,it was designated as Indian Army Nursing Service and in 1902 as Queen Alexandra Military Nursing Service (QAMNS).
—> In 1914 , for the first time Nurses were enrolled in India and were attached to QAMNS.
—> In 1926,a permanent nursing service for the Indian troops was formed and was designated as the Indian Military Nursing Service(IMNS).
—> In 1943, IMNS officers became part of the Indian Army and the members of service became Commissioned officers.
4.Integrated Defence Staff (IDS ) celebrates its Raising day.
—>The IDS was raised on October 1 ,2001 as Tri Service Entity with an overarching aim of Victory Through Jointness.
—>Since its formation, IDS has led the conduct of Disaster Relief Operation,Tri service Exercises,Training leaders at Triservice instititiona,Consolidating defence intelligence and progressing procurement fot the defence forces.
—>In the landmark effect,IDS superheaded construction of Nation Was memorial which was Inaugurated by Prime Minister in 2019.
—>IDS is currently progressing the operationalisation of Defence cyber Agency,Defence Space Agency and Armed Special Operations Divisions as Joint Operation.
5.Documentation Identification Number ( DIN ) System of Central Board Of Direct Taxes (CBDT ) Launched.
>>>Because of the introduction of DIN number ,now every CBDT communication will have to have a Documentation Identification Number.
>>>From now, communication from income tax department without a computer generated DIN number ,be it a notice ,letter ,ordrr or any other correspondence would be treated as in valid.
>>>The DIN system would ensure greater accountability and transparency in tax administratio .
6.GST revenue Collections September
91,916 crore total gross GST revenue collected in thw month of september.
The revenue during september is declined by 2.67% in comparision in revenue during september 2018.
7.AIM,NITI Aayog’s Atal Tikering Labs and UNICEF India launches ‘The Gandhian Challenge’
- This innovation challenge provides a platform for every child across India to ideate innovative solutions for a sustainable India of their dreams, using Gandhi’s principles.
- The winners of The Gandhian Challenge will be awarded in New Delhi by NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission and UNICEF on the occasion of Children’s Day in November.
- The contest – open for every child in India from 2 October to 20 October – also celebrates 70 years of partnership between Government of India and UNICEF India to enable Every Right for Every Child.
8. Repurpose Used Cooking Oil (RUCO)
- Launched by Food Safety and Standards Authority Of India
- The consumption of Used Cooking Oil(UCO) poses adverse health effects.
- During frying, several properties of oil are altered, Total Polar Compounds (TPC) are formed on repeated frying.
- The toxicity of these compounds is associated with several diseases such as hypertension, atherosclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, liver diseases.
- Also disposal of UCO in drains causes ecological damage and is an environment concern.
- Therefore, it is essential to monitor the quality of vegetable oils during frying. In order to safeguard consumer health, FSSAI has fixed a limit for Total Polar Compounds at 25 per cent beyond which the vegetable oil shall not be used.
- From 1st July, 2018 onwards, all Food Business Operators (FBOs) are required to monitor the quality of oil during frying by complying with the said regulations.
- Repurpose Used Cooking Oil (RUCO) is an ecosystem that will enable the collection and conversion of UCO to biodiesel.
- Oil Marketing Companies (IOC, BPC & HPC), under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, have floated Expression of Interest (EOI) across 100 cities of India (details available at for supply of Bio-diesel produced from Used Cooking Oil (UCO).
What is Total Polar Compounds:
- It is a measure to indicate the quality of Oil.
- The count of TPC increases every time the oil is reheated.
- Increase in TPC causes several health diseases that is mentioned above.
9.The Stations cleanliness Survey Report (Cleanliness assessment of Non-suburban(NSG) and Suburban(SG) Stations 2019)
- By Ministry of Railways.
Parameters and Marks allotted:
- Green Cover at stations -5
- Liquid Waste Management -25
- Solid Waste Management -30
- Energy Management -30
- ISO and Green Certification -10
- North Western Railways scored the highest with an average score of 848.764 out of 1000 while North Central Railways scored the least with an average score of 631.431.
- The top ranker among NSG category stations is Jaipur, whereas Andheri tops the rank in SG category stations.
In NSG category :
- Jaipur ranked 1st in the Station Cleanliness Survey with an overall cleanliness score of 931.75 in 2019.
- Jodhpur ranked 2nd in the Station Cleanliness Survey with an overall cleanliness score of 927.19in 2019.
- Durgapura ranked 3rd in the Station Cleanliness Survey with an overall cleanliness score of 922.50 in 2019.
In SG category :
- Andheri ranked 1st in the Station Cleanliness Survey with an overall cleanliness score of 728.52 in 2019.
- Virar ranked 2nd in the Station Cleanliness survey with an overall clealiness score of 726.09 in 2019.
- Naigaon ranked 3rd in the Station Cleanliness survey with an overall cleanliness score of 718.87 in 2019.
For more details ,Visit
Note : Categorization of Railway Stations in India
The stations have been clubbed into 3 groups based on Number of Footfalls and Passenger earnings.
1.Non Suburban Stations
2.Sub Urban Stations
10.India –Mauritius relation :
India and Mauritius jointly opened an ENT clinics and Metro Express in Mauritius .
11 . INS Tarkash at St Denis, Reunion Islands, France
- As part of Indian Navy’s Overseas Deployment to Africa, Europe and Russia, Indian Naval Ship Tarkasharrived at St Denis, Reunion Island, France today, on 03 Oct 19 for a three day visit.
- INS Tarkash, commanded by Captain Sathish Vasudev, is a potent frontline frigate of the Indian Navy equipped with a versatile range of weapons and sensors.
- The ship is part of the Indian Navy’s Western Fleet and under the Operational Command of Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Naval Command, based at Mumbai.
12.KAZIND 2019 :
- India – Kazakhistan Joint Military Exercise.
- Held in Pithoragarh ,Uttarakhand state.
- The aim of exercise is joint training of troops in Counter Insurgency/ Counter Terrorism operationsin both Jungle and Mountainous terrain.
13.Ex Ekuverin – 19
- India Maldives Joint Military Exercise.
- Will be held at at Aundh Military Station in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The Indian Army and the Maldives National Defence Forces have been conducting Exercise Ekuverin since 2009.
- Ekuverin meaning ‘Friends’ in the Dhivehi language
14.Designation of National Health System Resource Centre(NHSRC) as a WHO collaborating centre
- NHSRC is redesigned as WHO collaborating centre for priority medical device and Health Technology policy.
- This redesignation is announced by Ministry of Health in collaboration with WHO
About National Health System Resource Centre (NHSRC)
- National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) of Government of India to serve as an apex body for technical assistance.
- The organisation was established in 2006.
- Its mandate is to assist in policy and strategy development in the provision and mobilization of technical assistance to the states and in capacity building for the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the centre and in the states.
- The goal is to improve health outcomes by facilitating governance reform, health systems innovations and improved information sharing among all stake holders at the national, state, district and sub-district levels through specific capacity development and convergence models.
- The NHSRC currently consists of seven divisions – Community Processes, Healthcare Financing, Healthcare Technology, Human Resources for Health, Public Health Administration, Public Health Planning, Quality Improvement in Healthcare
- The NHSRC has a branch office in the north-east region of India. The North East Regional Resource Centre (NE RRC) has functional autonomy and implements a similar range of activities.
15.Second Vande Bharat Express :
From New Delhi to Katra (jammu and Kashmir)
About Vande Bharat Express :
- India’s semi high speed train as it can run upto maximum speed of 160Kmph
- First Express is from New Delhi to Varanasi .
- This train is a hallmark of Make in India scheme as .Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai a Railways Production unit, has been the force behind a completely in-house design and manufacture, computer modelling and working with a large number of suppliers for system integration in just 18 months.
- All coaches are equipped with automatic doors, GPS based audio-visual passenger information system, on-board hotspot Wi-Fi for entertainment purposes, and very comfortable seating. All toilets are bio-vacuum type.
- The lighting is dual mode, viz. diffused for general illumination and personal for every seat. Every coach has a pantry with facility to serve hot meals, hot and cold beverages.
- The insulation is meant to keep heat and noise to very low levels for additional passenger comfort.
- Vande Bharat Express has 16 air-conditioned coaches of which 2 are executive class coaches.
- Adding up the green footprints, the train has regenerative braking system in the Vande Bharat Express coaches which can save up to 30% of electrical energy.
16. Indian Economic Summit :
- It is the 33rd summit organised by World Economic Forum.
Focus point :Innovating for India: Strengthening South Asia, Impacting the World
- The summit was Hosted in collaboration with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- The meeting will build on its more than three decades of success and will have a special focus on promoting deeper collaboration between South Asia and ASEAN to leverage their distinctive demographic and digital dividends to boost global growth and enhance our collective future.
- The meeting will convene key leaders from government, the private sector, academia and civil society to accelerate the adoption of the Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies and boost the dynamism of South Asia to attain its growth potential.
17.Closing the Skills Gap Accelerator
- India is one of the first countries to establish the Closing the Skills Gap Accelerator in partnership with World Economic Forum.
- This project is part of the World Economic Forum’s Shaping the Future of New Economy and Society Platform.
- It is a national public-private collaboration platform to address skills gaps and reshape education for the future of work.
- The accelerator brings together business, government, civil society, academia and the education and training sectors to collectively drive systems change.
18.PRAKASH portal (Power Rail Koyla Availability through Supply Harmony)
- It was observed that the present mechanism faced several issues such as scattered information, correctness of data from different organizations, timely availability of data etc. This often led to difficulties in decision making and also delay in coal supplies etc.
- The Portal aims at bringing better coordination for coal supplies among all stakeholders viz – Ministry of Power, Ministry of Coal, Coal India, Railways and power utilities.
- PRAKASH Portal is developed by NTPC and sources data from different stakeholders such as Central Electricity Authority (CEA), Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) and coal companies.
- This is an important step in ensuring adequate availability and optimum utilization of coal at thermal power plants.
- The Portal is designed to help in mapping and monitoring entire coal supply chain for power plants, viz – Coal Stock at supply end (mines), coal quantities/ rakes planned, coal quantity in transit and coal availability at power generating station.
The portal has the informations which will help …..
- Coal company will be able to track stocks and the coal requirement at power stations.
- Indian Railways will plan to place the rakes as per actual coal available at siding and stock available at power stations.
- Power stations can plan future schedule by knowing rakes in pipe line and expected time to Reach.
- Stock at power generating station
- Ministry of Power /Ministry of Coal/ CEA/ POSOCO can review overall availability of coal at thermal power plants in different regions
- The portal will also generate reports based on all the information above mentioned.
- Launched by Ministry of Tourism.
- Audio guide Odigos offers Government of India verified content, with visuals & voice over support.
- With Audio Odigos, tourists will now enjoy a more enriching experience and take back historical insights of the Indian culture and heritage.
- The Audio Odigos app contains an inbuilt map of the site for a smooth navigation during the tour.
- Listeners will be offered various versions of history like Synopsis, Detailed History and Podcasts.
- The audio can be chosen in their preferred language & version of the history.
- Audio Odigos is now available for download on all Android and iOS supported mobile phones.
20.Indo Mongolian Joint Exercise Nomadic Elephant- XIV
- 14th edition of Indo – Mongolian joint military training, Exercise Nomadic Elephant–XIV commenced today. The exercise will be conducted from 05 to 18 Oct 19 at Bakloh.
- The Mongolian Army is being represented by officers and troops of the elite 084 Air Borne Special Task Battalion while Indian Army is being represented by a battalion of the RAJPUTANA RIFLES Regiment.
- Aimed at training troops in counter insurgency & counter terrorism operations under United Nations mandate
21.National e-Assessment Centre
- Formed by Income tax Department
- Objective is to impart greater efficiency, transparency and accountability in the assessment process.
- There would be no physical interface between the tax payers and the tax officers.
- It is a momentous step towards the larger objectives of better taxpayer service, reduction of taxpayer grievances in line with Prime Minister’s vision of ‘Digital India’ and promotion of ease of doing business.
- Under the new system, tax payers have received notices on their registered emails as well as on registered accounts on the web portal www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with real time alert by way of SMS on their registered mobile number, specifying the issues for which their cases have been selected for scrutiny. The replies to the notices can be prepared at ease by the tax payers at their own residence or office and be sent by email to the National e-Assessment Centre by uploading the same on the designated web portal.
- This is another initiative by CBDT in the field of ease of compliance for our tax payers.
22.Goa Maritime Conclave
- The theme for the conclave is “Common Maritime Priorities in IOR and need for Regional Maritime Strategy”.
- The deliberations, which were held over three sessions during the day were focused on capacity building among IOR Navies to tackle emerging maritime threats, in addition to discussing cooperative strategies for enhancing interoperability among partner maritime agencies.
- Renowned national and international speakers articulated their views on these important issues, which were followed by theme based discussions.
23.Bullet Resistant Jackets made under Make in India
- Jackets weight & Cost substantially lesser.
- India joins selected league of nations such as US, UK & Germany to have its own standard for such jackets .
- The Jackets have been made using standard set by the Bureau of India Standard (BIS).
- Jackets are light weight weighing between 5 kilograms to 10 kilograms depending on the threat level and are of the best quality in the world.
- The prices of the jackets range from Rs. 70,000 to 80,000 which is considerably lesser than the price of the jackets which were being procured earlier.
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh reaffirms Government’s aim to achieve $26 billion Indian defence industry by 2025.
24.Green Purple initiative logo:
- By Food Safety and Standards Authority Of India
- The initiative aims to qualify the chefs on food safety legal requirements and sustainable cooking methods, in order to promote trans-fat free cooking.
- It will be a six months program that includes key areas of trans-fat free cooking, using less sodium, and hygienic, seasonal, eco-friendly, less energy consuming cooking methods.
- The chefs shall thereafter ensure global standards of food safety and sustainable environment practices.
Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare launched the “Trans Fat Free” logo of Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), at the 8th International Chefs’ Conference . This marked an important milestone in the movement against Trans-Fats and also provided a momentum to accelerate the ‘Eat Right India’ movement of FSSAI.
25.Amendments to Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Guidelines and Specifications 2018
The earlier guidelines and standards issued by the Ministry of Power in 2018
- At least one Charging Station to be available in a grid of 3 Km x 3 Km in the cities
- At least one Charging Station at every 25 Km on both sides of highways/roads All Mega Cities & expressways connected to these Mega Cities to be taken up for coverage in first phase, other big cities to be taken up in second phase For inter-city travel.
- Fast Charging Station to be installed at every 100 Kms .
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) nominated as the Central Nodal Agency to facilitate installation of Charging Infrastructure.
- Launched by Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India.
- Youth Co-Lab Is Co-created in 2017 by UNDP and the Citi Foundation, and operational in 25 countries across the Asia Pacific region, the Youth Co:Lab initiative aims to create an enabling ecosystem to promote youth leadership, innovation, and social entrepreneurship.
- It aims at accelerating social entrepreneurship and innovation in young India.
- Through Youth Co:Lab, young entrepreneurs and innovators will get a chance to connect with governments, mentors, incubators and investors, who will help equip them with entrepreneurial skills.
- The initiative will also convene a series of youth dialogues across several cities such as New Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Mumbai to promote entrepreneurship across India.
- The first phase of Youth Co:Lab will focus on six SDGs: SDG 5 (Gender Equality), SDG 6 (Clean Water and Sanitation), SDG 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy), SDG 8 (Decent Work and Economic Growth), SDG 12 (Sustainable Consumption and Production) and SDG 13 (Climate Action).
- Youth Co:Lab will convene social innovation challenges at the national and sub-national level, which will invite young people in the age group of 18-29 years and start-ups to showcase their proposed ideas and solutions to tackle some of the region’s biggest social challenges. They will also get the opportunity to pitch their ideas at UNDP’s regional centre in 2020
Typhoon Mitag –Northern Tiwan
27.MNRE organised Global Student Solar Assembly to commemorate 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
- The event is organised in association with IIT Bombay.
- This Workshop aims at sensitizing young minds about energy sustainability and environmental care.
- National Sports University is in Imphal,Manipur
- India crosses 1 Cr LED street light mark, installed under Street Light National Programme which is implemented by Energy Efficiency Service Limited.
- Ecuador to Witdraw from The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries in January 2020.
- October 5 – World Teachers Day Theme –Young Teachers-Future of the Prefession.
- New Commemorative Rs.150 coin launched on Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th anniversary.
- October 2- International Day of Non Violence.
28.IRCTC to compensate Tejas Express passengers for delay
- Passengerstravelling in the Tejas Expresswill be compensated with
- 100 if the delayis for over an hour.
- The amount will rise to 250 in case the train is delayedby more than two hours.
- Each passengertravelling in Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Expresswill get a free insurance of ₹25 lakh.
29.Army’s biggest mountain combat exercise ‘Him Vijay’ begins in Arunachal Pradesh
- The exercise is to test mobility, communication and coordination of such huge body of fast-moving troops in difficult terrain.
- Indian Army is metamorphosing itself to incorporate changes for modern and quick and short war, added the Army officer.
- Wild Life Week India -2nd October -8Th October
Theme –Life Below water-for people and planet.